18.8.11

creepy yet cute


I'm on the swapping again with more atcs and this time the theme is creepy/cute. We had to create 3 atc cards being the same or different our choosing and make it obviously cute yet creepy. I thought this would the perfect chance to borrow some of my mums stuff like her mort stamp that we both love but some people think is scary. Perfect! Here is just a little sketched up drawing
I wanted to start experimenting a bit with the Tim Holtz stuff as I fancy buying it for myself rather than using my mums stuff. So I used the spiced marmalade and broken china and spritz water to create the background along with using the blending tool. I have to say I'm quite proud of myself and it turned out great.
I also thought it would be a perfect opportunity to work with pro-markers as I plan to use them for my christmas cards. I know its not that great but I don't think its bad for a first timer using them. Anyways I better stop rambling on and here is the final product.
I decided against doing bat wings as I thought it would be too much but I have entered myself for a tag swap so might use the idea on that. I'd like to know what people think anyways of the final atc.

Also I forgot that I did a digital scrapbook page while I was in london on disney so here is this
Hope everyones having a good crafty day!

3 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Fab ATC's! I want to get some of those inks too- great that you can have a play first!
love your Layout

fatmonica said...

Great ATCs-that's one of my favourite stamps!

Ali said...

cute & creepy :) perfect and I love the backgrounds you've made too.