13.4.13

Friday Octopode challenge- Flowers

This weeks theme of at TOFF is flowers. I must admit I have been getting a little bored of just making cards and tags so I decided to do something a little more different. I decided on making myself a permanent bunch of flowers for my home.

I used the digi 'How does your garden grow' for this challenge and just printed out the variety of flowers on a mixture of different 6x6 papers I have. It was a little tricky at first but I soon got the hang of what I needed to do with the printer settings (along with help from the boyfriend.)

I then collaged the flowers and made them more 3d by using foam pads. After this I then got my white and green straws to use for the stalks. I fished out a masons jar filled it with blue tissue paper at the bottom to look like water.

To finish it off I just added a little 3d butterfly I had lying around for ages! It has definitely started to make it feel like spring in the home.

Now the explaining is over all you have to do to enter is visit The Octopode Friday Challenge blog by this link and enter your own themed card, tag or something a little out of the box with the theme of flowers. If you use Lilys designs you get entered twice! The winner chosen by Lily will then get a choice of 3 free digis!

Have fun with this challenge and Spring will soon be on the way!

No comments: